Replaces block definitions.
There are two methods to replace block definitions:
- By replacing all block instances.
- By replacing particular block instances.
- Modified (anonymous) instances of dynamic blocks cannot be selected by name.
- Externally dependent blocks cannot be replaced.
- When a block with attributes is replaced by a block without attributes, the replaced block reference retains the old attributes.
- When a block without attributes is replaced by a block with attributes, the replaced block references doesn’t insert new attributes.
- When an annotative block is replaced with a non-annotative block, the block reference keeps the old context data manager and annotation scales in the extension dictionary.
- When a non-annotative block is replaced with an annotative block, BricsCAD® adds context data immediately according to CANNOSCALE.
- When a dynamic block is replaced by a non-dynamic block or another dynamic block, the old extension dictionary AcDbBlockRepresentation is removed from the block reference.
Options within the command
- Enter name of block to be replaced
- Enter the name of the block to be replaced. Note that modified (anonymous) instances of dynamic blocks cannot be selected by name.
- Lists the block names.
- select object (=)
- Select a block reference with the desired name. Note that modified (anonymous) dynamic blocks cannot be selected.
- options (*)
- Lists the replace options.
- by block Name
- Enter a block name to replace. Note that modified (anonymous) dynamic blocks cannot be selected by name.
- Selected block instances
- Selects any block instances, including modified (anonymous) dynamic block instances to be replaced.
- SIMilar inserts
Replaces all modified (anonymous) and unmodified instances of dynamic blocks and all instances of non-dynamic blocks selected.
- Enter block name or file to replace selected entities
- Enter a block name or file to replace selected entities as follow:
Note: fileName.dwg can have blocks with the same names as in the current drawing. In this case blocks from file do not re-define blocks with the same names already present in the current drawing.Note: The file name should include the entire path if the file is not located in the support file search path.
- blockname: name of a block already defined in the current drawing;
- fileName.dwg: name of an external .dwg or .dxf file (file name will be used as a new block name);
- blockName=fileName.dwg: when new block name should be different than fileName.
- Enter a block name or a file name to replace selected entities. The file name should include the entire path if the file is not located in the support file search path.
- Purge unreferenced when finished?
- Removes unreferenced block instances.