Creates arrays of entities (2D or 3D) based on found entity patterns.
Searches for entity patterns in a set of selected entities (2D and/or 3D) and converts them into array entities. Using ARRAYDETECT to replace sets of entities by arrays adds structure to the drawing and reduces file size.
Note: This functionality was extracted from the BLOCKIFY command where it is no longer available.
There are two methods to detect arrays:
- Multiple entities source.
- Single entity source.
Note: The Command Context panel opens to let you choose which of the found patterns using the selected method will be converted to array.
The steps to use ARRAYDETECT command are:
- Select the entities in which you want to find patterns.
- Choose one of the two array detection modes:
- Detects patterns with multiple entities source (you have to select the source entities of the patterns to be found).
- Detects all patterns with a single entity source (no entity selection is needed).Note: To reduce the number of single entity patterns detected, you can use BLOCKIFY command before using ARRAYDETECT command.
- Specify which of the found patterns need to be converted into arrays.
Options within the command
- select source Entities
- Detects patterns with the selected multiple entities source.
- autodetect Single entity arrays
- Detects all patterns with a single entity source.
- Convert selected
- Converts to arrays all patterns selected in the Command Context panel.
- convert Separately
- Sequentially zooms the view on each found pattern and lets you choose whether to convert it to array.