Creates BIM Space entities from enclosed boundaries.
Creates BIM Space entities by picking a point inside an enclosed area defined by space bounding entities.
Note: Space bounding entities are 3D solids or linear 2D entities, which are classified as a BIM entity and having Space Bounding property set to Yes. If the Centerline property of a space bounding solid is set to Yes, the center of the solid is used as the space boundary.
A label is created at the geometric center of space.
Note: The Space option of the BIMCLASSIFY command converts any 2D or 3D entity into a BIM Space entity.
The height of the space is defined by:
- The top face of the highest bounding entity.
- The Default Space Height user preference , when all bounding entities are 2D linear entities.
- Launches the Edit mode, which allows to add or remove space bounding entities in a Space by clicking them.
Note: After editing, launch the BIMUPDATESPACE command to update the space.Note: If the update Method property of the space is Manually, the space cannot be updated by the BIMUPDATESPACE command. This can be solved by setting this property to Automatic.Note: The BIM Spaces properties can be edited in the Properties panel.
- BIM Space Properties
- Sets the visual representation of the BIM Space:
- Footprint: Space stamp only.
- Solid: Transparent 3D solid. The height of the solid is copied from the surrounding wall solids.
- Specifies the status of the Space.Note: If the space is out-of-date, an exclamation mark icon is displayed next to the space stamp. This can be solved with the BIMUPDATESPACE command.
- Sets the name of the space, which is also visible on the space stamp.
- Describes the space.
- Specifies the building to which the space is assigned to.
- Specifies the story to which the space is assigned to.
- Interior elevations
- Controls the display of Interior Elevations. If interior elevations are not created yet, the property is disabled. Note: Additional properties can be created using the BIMPROPERTIES command.