Replaces a component insert.
Replaces a mechanical component inserted in the current drawing with another one selected from Select file component dialog box.
- Mechanical blocks can also be replaced by other mechanical blocks.
- The command does not support cross-replacement: each kind of component can only be replaced by a component of the same kind.
Options within the command
- SIMilar inserts
Allows you to replace similar inserts automatically, depending on the chosen option.
- Yes: replaces all similar inserts of the selected mechanical component(s) in assembly.
- No: replaces the selected component(s) only.
- component Type
Allows you to choose the insertion type for a replacement component. The following options are available:
- Local: the new component will be local.
- External: the new component will be external.
- Keep as is: the new component inherits the insertion type from the replaced component.
- component Default: the new component will be linked as specified in its source file.
See External and local components in the User Guide.
- Parameter changes
Allows you to control which parameter values will be used after the replacement is complete.
- Yes - reapply: parameter values of the replaced component are applied.
- No - use replacement as is: parameter values of the replacement component are applied.
- from FIle
- Allows you to select a .dwg file from the Select file for component dialog box to choose the replacement component.