Applies a distance constraint between two entities.
Applies a distance constraint between two subentities of the same solid or of different solids, as well as WCS entities, points, cylinders, and spheres.
Select the two entities/subentities for which the distance constraint will be applied by specifying the distance value. Press the TAB key to select obscured geometry.
- Use as
Gives the option to specify how the distance must be measured between cylindrical and spherical faces. The default measurement mode is Axis.
- The boundary of the argument.
- An argument that has an axis; circle, cylinder, cone, or torus.
- An argument that has a central point; circle, sphere or torus.
- A cone vertex only.
- Allows you to select the WCS subentity as an argument.
- Allows you to choose, as an argument, the subentity of the coordinate system of the block.
- Accepts the current value and creates a geometry-driven constraint.
Note: You can set upper and lower bounds in the Mechanical Browser panel, which are taken into account in dynamic operations, like DMMOVE and ROTATE3D.