Reduces complex entities to simpler ones.
Reduces complex entities to simpler ones, such as blocks into constituent parts, and polylines into lines and arcs.
Note: Entities on frozen and locked layers are not exploded.
The result depends on the entities you selected:
- Polylines become lines and arcs. Width is lost.
- Regions become lines, arcs and splines.
- Dimensions becomes lines, text, and solids (arrowheads).
- Blocks become individual entities and nested blocks. You may need to use Explode a second time.Note: Only blocks that have Explodable property set can be exploded. Non-Uniformly scaled blocks can be exploded only if EXPLMODE=ON.
- ByBlock colors and linetypes may change.
- Attributes revert to attribute definitions.
- 3D surface entities become 3D faces.
- Meshes become 3D faces.
Note: Simple entities, such as line and circles, cannot be exploded.