Trims entities by a selected boundary.
Offers an easy and fast way to trim drawing entities, either inside or outside a specified boundary.
Note: The command enables to erase or ignore entities that cannot be trimmed, such as blocks and texts.
There are two methods to define a boundary:
- Select an entity as a trim boundary.
- Define a polygon.
Entities accepted as trim boundary:
- Closed polylines
- Closed splines
Note: Entities that cannot be trimmed:
- 3d faces
- Raster images
- 3d solids
- Polyface meshes
- Polygon meshes
Options within the command
- Select a trim boundary
- Allows you to select an existing entity in the drawing as the boundary polygon.
- Allows you to define points as the boundary polygon.
- Undoes the last endpoint of line.
- Select entities to trim
- Allows you to selects entities to trim in the drawing.
- Automatically selects all entities in the drawing to be trimmed.Note: Automatic is the default option for entity selection.
Trims the entities inside the defined boundary.
Trims the entities outside the defined boundary.Note: Outside is the default option to trim entities.
- Ignores the entities that cannot be trimmed.
- Deletes the entities that cannot be trimmed.
If the Inside option was chosen, the entity that cannot be trimmed is deleted only if its insertion point lies inside the specified boundary.
If the Outside option was chosen, the entity that cannot be trimmed is deleted only if its insertion point lies outside the specified boundary.