Creates 3D solids or surfaces by sweeping profiles along a path.
Creates 3D solids or surfaces by sweeping profiles (open or closed 2D entities or 3D subentities) along an open or closed path.
Entities accepted as profile entities: 2D splines, 3D splines, 2D polylines, 2D solids, 3D solid faces, 3D solid edges, arcs, circles, ellipses, elliptical arcs, lines, regions, surface and mesh edges, traces.
Entities accepted as a path entity: 2D splines, 3D splines, 2D polylines, 3D polylines, edges of 3D solids, surfaces or meshes, helices, arcs, circles, ellipses, elliptical arcs, lines.
There are two methods to sweep entities:
- Create 3D solids
- Create surfaces
Options within the command
Sets the 3D entity type this command will create.
- Solid: creates 3D solids.
- Surface: creates surfaces.
- Select sweep path
- Select an entity to define the path.
Determines the angle at which the profile 2D entities are swept along the paths.
- Yes: aligns the sweep entity perpendicularly to the sweep path entity
- No: the sweep entity maintains its original orientation, and so it’s not rotated along the path.
- Base point
- Defines the point on the sweep entity that follows the path. This option allows offset sweep paths.
Specifies a twist angle for the swept entity. The twist angle is the amount of rotation along the entire length of the sweep path.
- Banking: determines whether the swept entities will rotate naturally along a 3D sweep path, such as those made from a 3D polyline, spline, or helix.
Allows to dynamically sweep profiles along a sequence of interconnected linear entities or along a portion of a path.
- Transform profile: use the Manipulator to move, rotate, mirror or scale the profile.
- Accept: accepts the current position of the profile.
- Move cursor along selected edge: the profile is swept dynamically along the path or path segment.
- Select adjacent edge: click when the next segment highlights to continue.
- Undo: removes the last segment.