Creates a single-line text entity.
Note: When the TextEval system variable is set to 1, this command evaluates LISP expressions.
There are two methods:
- Places single lines of text in the drawing by specifying height of text and rotation angle.
- Evaluates LISP expressions.
Note: If the text style is annotative, the height value defines the paper space height of the text. The model space height depends on the current annotation scale as defined by the CANNOSCALE and CANNOSCALEVALUE system variables.
Options within the command
- use defined Style
- Changes the text style to use for the text.
- Lists all styles defined in the current drawing.
- Align on line
- Aligns text between two points.
Note: This option suppresses the height and angle prompts, because the height and angle are determined by the two pick points.
- Fit between points
- Fits text between two points and prompts for the height.
Note: This option suppresses the angle prompt, because the angle is determined by the two pick points. Entering certain heights can cause the text to be excessively elongated or squeezed.
- Center horizontally
- Centers text in the middle of the baseline.
- Middle (hor/vert)
- Centers text on the middle of the text.
- Right justify
- Right-justifies each line of text.
- Justification options...
- Displays all justification options. Choose between: Top Left, Top Center, Top Right, Middle Left, Middle Center, Middle Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Center, Bottom Right.
Note: Text can be moved or stretched through grips.