Dimension entities are created using the current dimension style:
- If the dimension style is annotative, the dimensions get the annotative property automatically and the current annotation scale is assigned.
- If the dimension style is not annotative, you need to make the dimensions annotative manually.
- The Dim Scale Overall setting (DIMSCALE system variable) is not editable for annotative dimension styles, and is neglected for annotative dimensions.
- It is recommended to set Dim Scale Overall = 1 for annotative dimension styles.
To make a dimension entity annotative
- Select the dimension entity.
The properties of the selected dimension entity are displayed in the Properties panel.
- Select the Annotative property.
- Choose No from in the options list.
The dimension entity is scaled with respect to the current value of the DIMSCALE system variable.