BIM project browser panel
The BIM Project Browser panel offers a central location to manage all files and views in your BIM project. You can find the panel on the left-hand side of the screen.
Once a drawing is saved, you can press Create Project.
During the project creation, some files are automatically generated in the project folder, such as a sheetset file (.dst), a database file (.bsyslib), a new subfolder for the sheet templates and a default sheet template (.dwt).
Other files can be added manually to the project folder or can be generated later on.
- Info Tab
- Sheets Tab
- Sections and Views Tab
- Files Tab
- Custom properties
Click on the Menu button (). A context menu displays:
- Refreshes the BIM Project Browser panel to match changes in all BIM project (e.g. Xref in the master drawings, sheets, manually added files).
- Project Database
- Opens the Project Database dialog box that gives a complete overview of the project's drawings and their stored and found database paths. The dialog box enables you to select another project database or to rename the current one. It also supports connecting the listed drawings to the project database.
- Sheetset Setup
- Opens the Sheetset Setup dialog box that allows to set up the complete set of sheets required to fit all bimsections in the project.
Note: Bim project data is now initialized with an .xml file that can be edited by users.
- Auto Background Updating
- Updates the section results automatically, without interrupting the user's workflow. It toggles the ENABLEBIMBKUPDATE system variable.
Offers a complete overview about the current project.
- Project Admin
- Shows and sets the:
- Company logo (click the thumbnail to select a PNG file. A copy will be made in the project folder and will be renamed 'project.png'. This can for example be used in a title block.)
- Project logo (click the thumbnail to select a PNG file. A copy will be made in the project folder and will be renamed 'project.png'. This can e.g. be used in a title block.)
- Project Database.
- Project Sheetset.
- Sheet Template Layout.
- Project Control
- Sets and shows the Sheetset Properties:
- Project Name
- Project Number
- Project Phase
- Project Milestone
- Sheetset Custom Properties
- Sets and shows the sheetset properties defined by the user (e.g. Client City, Client Name, Client State, Client Street, Project City, Project State, Project Street).
- Sheet Custom Properties
- Sets and shows the sheet properties defined by the user ( e.g. Checked By, Drawn By).
Opens the Custom Properties dialog box where Sheet Set and Sheets custom properties can be added, edited or deleted.
Sheets TabDisplays the contents of the project's sheetset. You can expand a sheet name to see its sheet views.
Status of the sheet views are:
- the sheet view is background updatedNote: Hovering over the sheet view a tooltip explaining the status appear:
when a 3D model is active:Note: (n) shows the order in which background update will operate (is the index of the view in the queue).
when a sheet is active:
- the sheet view is out of dateNote: Hovering over the sheet view a tooltip explaining the status appear:when background update is on:
when a 3D model is active:
when a sheet is active:
- the sheet view has an errorNote: Hovering over the sheet view a tooltip explaining the status appear:
A context menu displays when you right-click on a sheet:
- Sheet Properties…: opens the Sheet Properties dialog box that allows you to show and modify the properties of a sheet.
- Open sheet: opens the sheet. This can also be triggered by double clicking the sheet are the view.
- Copy sheet: makes a copy of the sheet dwg and the sheet
entry in the sheetset (under the same subset). All blocks, viewports, named
views and sheet views will be copied as well. The naming and numbering of the
copied sheet will be handled automatically.
- Remove sheet: removes the sheet.
- Update now: updates the sheet views.
- Update in Background: updates the sheets view in background.
A context menu displays when you right-click on a sheet view:
- View Properties…: opens the Sheet View Properties dialog box that allows you to modify the properties of a sheet view.
- Display View: displays the corresponding result and zooms in on its viewport.
- Remove View/Result: removes the sheet view and corresponding result (viewport, viewlabel, sheetview, and result block, but only when no other vport views it)
- Update Now: updates the sheet view.
- Update in Background: updates the sheet view in background.
- Place view label: insert a view label in the current sheet and establish
the link between view label and viewport. The new view label replaces the old
one if the view label already exists.Note: The button is available only when the current document is a sheet document (e.g. not a model document).
Add Sheet and Subset menu, showing by pressing the add button at the bottom of the tab.
- Add Sheet: adds a sheet to the Sheets tab or to the currently selected subset, if any.
- Add Subset: adds a subset to the Sheets tab or to the currently selected subset, if any.
A context menu displays when you right-click on a subset:
- Subset Properties…: opens the Subset Properties dialog box that allows you to modify the properties of a subset.
- Rename: renames the subset.
- Remove Subset: removes the subset (only possible when it doesn't contain any sheets/subsets).
Sections and views Tab
Displays a list of project sections organized by type. You can expand a section type to see its sections.
A context menu displays when you right-click on a section:
- Select Section Entity: selects the section entity in the project model drawing.
- Rename: renames the section entity.
- Display Section Result: displays the section result in the corresponding sheet and zooms in on its viewport. If not already open, the drawing is opened.
- Update Now: regenerates the section result.
- Update in Background: updates the section in background.
- Generate on current sheet: generates the section result on the currently active sheet.
A context menu displays when you right-click on a view:
- Place view: places the selected 3D view in a section drawing.
Shows the contents of the project folder:
- drawings (models, sheets, ...)
- schedules, scripts, ...
- company logos, googlemap images, site photos, etc.
- PNG created by script based on named views;
- renders created in Bricscad or Enscape, Twinmotion.
A context menu displays when you right-click on a drawing:
- Mark as master model: makes the drawing a master
drawing. This mean any sections or 3D views defined in the drawing or any of
its Xrefs will be listed in the Sections and view tab.Note: It is allowed to have multiple master drawings.
- Delete: removes the drawing from the files explorer.
By pressing the add button the below options are available:
- New Schedule
- Opens the Wizard Page dialog box that allows you to create a schedule based on a new or an existing data extraction definition.
- Import Schedules
- Opens the Select Schedules to import dialog box that allows you to quickly add a BIM schedule, without the creation of a new .dxd file.
- New Typed plan
- Opens the BIM Typed Plan Editor dialog box that allows you to create a drawing customization.
- Import Typed plan
- Opens the Select a Typed Plan to import dialog box to import an already defined drawing customization.
- Import script
- Opens the Select script to import dialog box from which can import a python or lisp script.
- Import Templates
- Opens the Select templates to import dialog box from which can choose to import a template.
A context menu displays when you right-click on a Schedule: