How can I copy blocks and layers from one drawing to another drawing?
The Drawing Explorer allows you to copy definitions between open drawings:
- Open both the source and the target drawing.
- Launch the Drawing Explorer.
- In the source drawing select the category you want to copy items from, e.g., Blocks.
- (option) In the Details toolbar, click the Icon View button ()
- Select the item(s) you want to copy, e.g., a series of blocks.Press and hold the Ctrl key to select multiple items.
- Press and hold the left mouse button to drag the selection set to the Open Drawings section of the Drawing Explorer.
- Release the left mouse button when on the target drawing name.The selected items are copied to the target drawing.You will be prompted to overwrite items of the same name.