How can I insert a spreadsheet into a drawing?
To insert a spreadsheet into a drawing, you can use one of the following methods:
The TABLE command allows to insert spreadsheet data as native table entities.
This can be done either by copying from Excel to the clipboard and then using paste special,
or by exporting the data from the spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice, or OpenOffice) to xml 2003 format, xmlss and using the TABLE command to create a new table entity in BricsCAD using the xmlss data.
In BricsCAD spreadsheet data are pasted as an OLE object in a drawing.
When you select the object, then right click and choose Edit OLE object in the context menu, Excel (if not already open) will be launched to edit the spreadsheet. When you save the spreadsheet, the OLE object in the drawing is updated.
- In the Insert menu, choose Object...
- On the Insert object dialog box choose between a new or an existing spreadsheet.
- To insert a new spreadsheet: Choose Create New, then select Microsoft Office Excel in the Object Type list.
- To insert an existing spreadsheet: Choose Create from File, then click the Browse... button and select the spreadsheet.
- Optionally check the Link option. If selected the drawing will update the spreadsheet every time you open the drawing.
- Click the OK button to insert the spreadsheet.
- Open the spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel.
- Select the part of the spreadsheet you want to import in a BricsCAD drawing.
- Press Ctrl-C to copy the selection to the clipboard.
- Switch to BricsCAD, then press Ctrl-V to paste the selection.