Why does printing ignore plotstyles?
A .ctb is associated with a Layout in the PAGESETUP dialog, but the plotstyles are ignored in print.
The possible causes are all behavior that is as designed, so in general the only solution is take in account this behavior.
Application of plotstyles can be verified in the print, in preview, and directly in the Layout if you switch ON 'Display Plot Styles' in the PAGESETUP dialog or for the current Layout, the CPAGESETUP dialog (which is not identical to the print dialog.)
Possible known causes:
- The box Plot with plot styles (found on the Print and PAGESETUP dialogs) is not checked in the Layout.
- The print is made with a visual style that does not support plotstyles.
- The plotstyle table is not found.
- Entities are using truecolor. These are not mapped by the .ctb and such entities will be printed as they are.
- Check the box Plot with plot styles (found on the Print and PAGESETUP dialogs) in the Layout.
- There are only a few visual styles that support plotstyles:
- Visual styles: 2dwireframe, wireframe,
- Shade plot properties: legacy hidden, legacy wireframe, and wireframe.
- Do not use truecolor.