How to fix the corrupted "default.cui" file at BricsCAD startup?
When I try to start BricsCAD, an error message displays:
"Xerces Error - Fatal Error at the file...".
Clicking OK opens the program but there are no menus available except for "File" that has Menu under it.
Something went wrong with the customization file. The default.cui menu file in the user folder is corrupted.
There are multiple methods to revert to a default working version of this file:
- Start BricsCAD.
- Type 'CUI' or 'Customize' on the command line.This should open the Customize dialog.
In the Customize dialog box, click the Manage your customizations... button.The Manage customizations dialog box displays.
- Click the Revert to defaults button.This will replace the CUI file with the clean file from the UserDataCache.
- Click the OK button on the Manage customizations dialog box.
- Click the OK button on the Customize dialog box.
Use this method only if no customizations have been made.
- Rename the Support folder:C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V24x64\en_US\
- Restart BricsCAD.