BricsCAD licenses are available in multiple types, on several platforms and in multiple editions (i.e. "feature levels"):
- Commercial licenses: Single user, Volume user and Network (floating)
- Perpetual/permanent licenses & rental Subscriptions are available
- "Volume" license keys allow multiple activations via a single license key
- "Network" license keys can be acquired on-demand by many users on a local-area network, via an installed license server PC
- Educational licenses: Single user, Volume user and Network (floating)
- Educational licenses "time out" after one year, and can be renewed by accredited educational institutions and currently enrolled students (with a valid student ID)
- Operating Systems / Platforms: MS Windows, MacOS, Linux
- Editions: Classic, Pro, Platinum, BIM, Mechanical and Ultimate
See also the differences between platforms and between levels.
BricsCAD can also run in trial mode for evaluation.
The procedures described in this chapter are valid for the BricsCAD Editions listed above and for the installation of the BricsCAD Communicator product.
View your licenses
All of your valid licenses can be viewed by logging in to the Bricsys website.
- Log in to your Bricsys account, using the credentials (email and password) linked to the licenses you wish to view.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click on your name. Your account page will open.
- In the left menu choose Licenses and support contracts.
All your active licenses will be displayed.
- (Optional) Click a license to see its details.
Manage your licenses
Depending on license type and activity status, licenses can be activated, modified and deactivated.
Use the activation option to:
- Activate a trial license.
- Activate a Single or Volume license.
- Use a Network license (previously installed and activated on a network license server).
Use the modification option to:
- Upgrade a license (e.g. from Single user Classic to Single user Platinum).
- Replace a license (e.g. moving from a Single user Classic to a Networked Pro license).
Use the deactivation option to:
- Prepare to migrate a license to another computer.
- Set up for the reactivation of a license after hard disk replacement, a hard drive partition change or a major operating system upgrade.
- Deactivate a license permanently from a computer.