Use smart filters to compose a selection set
Using Quick Select you can specify filters, such as entity type, color, linetype or any other entity property, to compose a selection set.
After composing the filter criteria you can choose to add the matching entities to a new selection set, add the entities to the current selection set or remove them from the current selection.
Quick Select applies to the entire drawing or to a previously created selection.
To create a selection set
- Click the Quick Select tool button () on the Properties bar.
The Properties bar mode is set to Quick Select .
The Apply to current selection set option is checked if a selection set exists.
- Click the Selection List button, to see a list of all entity types in the current drawing or current selection set (see previous step).
A list of all entities in the drawing and the number of entities of each type displays.
- Select an entity type in the list, e.g. Line .
Line properties show in the Properties Bar.
- Specify the property filters, e.g. Color , Layer and Linetype .
- (option) Specify a different selection operator for each entity property:
Click the = sign, then select an operator in the list.
6. Do one of the following:
- Click the Add to new selection set button ().
The entities that match the selected criteria are selected.
- Click the Add to the current selection set button ().
The entities that match the selected criteria are added to the current selection.
- Click the Remove from current selection set button ().
The entities that match the selected criteria are removed from the current selection.
7. (option) Repeat the above procedure to further refine the selection set.
Tutorial: Use Quick Select
Click here to watch