What are the CUI files
Files with the CUI extension are Customize User Interface files for BricsCAD. These XML format files replace the previously used menu definition files (*.mnu *.mns). CUI files can be edited with the build-in interactive editor, launched by the CUSTOMIZE command. You can migrate CUI files between BricsCAD versions and combine them between different computers.
The Load partial CUI file ... procedure accepts IntelliCAD menu files (*.mnu *.mns) and converts them to CUI files.
Opening the Customize dialog
To open the Customize dialog do one of the following:
- Choose Customize in the Tools menu
- In Windows and OS X: Hover over a toolbar or ribbon panel or a blank portion of the toolbar area, then right click and choose Customize in the context menu.
- In Linux: Hover over a blank portion of the menu bar, status bar or toolbar area, then right click and choose Customize in the context menu.
- Type customize or cui in the command window, then press Enter.
The components of the Customize dialog are:
- File menu
- Main customization file name and location
- Browse for main customization file button
- Search field: type a search string then click the looking glass icon, click again for the next hit.
- Section tabs
- Content of the currently selected section
- Available tools tree
- Properties grid, displaying the properties of the selected item
- Reloads default menus, toolbars, etc. overwriting the customized default.cui file.
- Saves changes and closes the Customize dialog.
Closes the Customize dialog, without saving changes.
Tutorial: Customizing shortcut menus
Click here to watch