Command : RAY
A Ray is a line that starts at a point and extends to infinity. Because rays extend to infinity, they are not calculated as part of the drawing extents.
The default method for drawing a ray is to select the start point of the ray, and then specify its direction.
Rays and Infinite Lines or sometimes referred to as construction lines.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Ray tool button () on the Lines flyout of the Draw toolbar.
- Choose Ray in the Draw menu.
- Type ray in the command bar, then press Enter.
You are prompted: Infinite ray: Bisect/Horizontal/Vertical/Angle/Parallel/<Start of Ray>:
A prompt menu opens:
- Specify the start point of the ray.
The ray displays dynamically.
- Specify the direction of the ray.
The next ray displays dynamically.
- (option) Keep specifying directions to draw a series of rays, starting from the same point.
- Right click to stop drawing rays.