Command : RAY
A Ray is a line that starts at a point and extends to infinity. Because rays extend to infinity, they are not calculated as part of the drawing extents.
The default method for drawing a ray is to select the start point of the ray, and then specify its direction.
Rays and Infinite Lines or sometimes referred to as construction lines.
1. Do one of the following:
- Click the Ray tool button () on the Lines flyout of the Draw toolbar.
- Choose Ray in the Draw menu.
- Type ray in the command bar, then press Enter.
You are prompted: Infinite ray: Bisect/Horizontal/Vertical/Angle/Parallel/<Start of Ray>:
A prompt menu opens:
2. Specify the start point of the ray.
The ray displays dynamically.
3. Specify the direction of the ray.
The next ray displays dynamically.
4. (option) Keep specifying directions to draw a series of rays, starting from the same point.
5. Right click to stop drawing rays.