When you create new entities, they are drawn on the current layer. To draw new entities on a different layer, you must first make that layer the current layer.
- The current layer is saved through the CLAYER system variable.
- The CENTERLAYER* system variable controls the layer where centerlines and centermarks created by the DIMCENTER command are placed on.
- The DIMLAYER* system variable controls the layer for dimension entities created by the dimensioning commands.
- Entities created by the INTERFERE command are created on the layer which is specified by the INTERFERELAYER system variable.
* The default value is <Use Current>
Setting the current layer
Do one of the following:
- On the BricsCAD Properties Bar, select Layer .
Make sure, no entity is selected.
Choose a layer in the drop down list.
- On the Entity Properties toolbar, click the down arrow next to the Layer field, then choose a layer in the drop down list.
- Right click on the Layer field in the Status Bar, then choose a layer in the context menu.