Command : LINE
A line consists of two points: a start point and an endpoint. Using the Line command you can draw a series of connected lines, but each line is considered a separate line entity.
1. Do one of the following
- Click the Line tool button () on the Draw toolbar.
- Choose Line in the Draw menu.
- Type line in the command bar, then press Enter.
- Type L in the command bar, then press Enter.
You are prompted: ENTER to use last point/Follow/<Start of line>:
A prompt menu displays:
2. Specify the start point.
The line displays dynamically.
3. Specify the end point.
The line is drawn and the following line displays dynamically starting in the endpoint of the first line.
- Using Ortho Mode or Polar Tracking you can type the length of the line in the command bar.
- Using Snap Tracking you can position the end point with respect to the start point and one or two snap points on entities in the drawing.
The prompt menu changes:
4. (option) Repeat step 3 to draw a series of connected lines.
When the second line is drawn, the options in the prompt menu are:
After the third line, the options in the prompt menu are:
5. Right click to stop drawing lines.
6. (option) Right click to restart.