A line consists of two points: a start point and an endpoint. Using the Line command you can draw a series of connected lines, but each line is considered a separate line entity.
- Do one of the following
- Click the Line tool button () on the Draw toolbar.
- Choose Line in the Draw menu.
- Type line in the command bar, then press Enter.
- Type L in the command bar, then press Enter.
You are prompted: ENTER to use last point/Follow/<Start of line>:
A prompt menu displays:
- Specify the start point.
The line displays dynamically.
- Specify the end point.
The line is drawn and the following line displays dynamically starting in the endpoint of the first line.
- Using Ortho Mode or Polar Tracking you can type the length of the line in the command bar.
- Using Snap Tracking you can position the end point with respect to the start point and one or two snap points on entities in the drawing.
The prompt menu changes:
- (option) Repeat step 3 to draw a series of connected lines.
When the second line is drawn, the options in the prompt menu are:
After the third line, the options in the prompt menu are:
- Right click to stop drawing lines.
- (option) Right click to restart.