A spline is an open or closed smooth curve defined by a set of points. You can use splines to draw curved shapes, which cannot be drawn as a polyline.
- Do one of the following
- Click the Spline tool button () on the Draw toolbar.
- Choose Spline in the Draw menu.
- Type spline in the command bar, then press Enter.
You are prompted: First point of spline:
- Specify the first point of the spline.
- Define the second point of the spline.
You are prompted: Close/Fit Tolerance/<next point>:
A prompt menu displays.
- (option) Repeat step 3 to define more points.
- Right click to stop adding more points.
You are prompted: Select starting tangent point:
A line that is tangent to the spline displays dynamically from the start point of the spline.
- Click to define the curve of the spline.
You are prompted: Select ending tangent point:
A line that is tangent to the spline displays dynamically from the start end of the spline.
- Click to conclude the spline command.
- (option) Right click to restart.