Command : TRACE
Traces are 4-sided filled entities, created with two parallel sides. When you create a series of traces, they are L-connected to each other.
- Do one of the following
- Click the Trace tool button () on the Polygons flyout of the Draw toolbar.
- Choose Trace in the Draw menu.
- Type trace in the command bar, then press Enter.
You are prompted: Width of trace <current width>:
2. Do one of the following:
- Right click to accept the current width.
- Type a new current width in the command bar.
- Define a new current width graphically by clicking two points.
You are prompted: Start of trace:
3. Specify the start point of the trace.
You are prompted: Next point:
4. Specify the end point of the first trace.
A line indicates the direction of the first trace. The direction of the second trace displays dynamically.
5. Do one of the following:
- Right click to create the trace.
- Specify the endpoint of the next trace.
6. (option) Repeat step 5 to keep adding traces.
When Fill Mode is turned off, all filled entities, such as traces, display and print as outlines.