Polygons are closed polylines comprised of a minimum of three and a maximum of 1,024 equal-length sides.
In BricsCAD you can draw polygons using the following methods:
Centre - Vertex (): first define the center point, then the vertex (= radius of the circumscribed circle method).
Center - Side (): first define the center point, then the midpoint of a side (= radius of the inscribed circle method).
Edge (): define the length of the side of the polygon.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Polygon, Center - Vertex tool button () on the Polygons flyout of Draw toolbar.
- Choose Polygon in the Draw menu.
- Type polygon in the command bar, then press Enter.
You are prompted: Polygon: Multiple/Width of line/<Number of sides> <4>:
A prompt menu opens:
- Specify the number of sides, then press Enter.
You are prompted: Specify by: Edge/<Center of polygon>:
The prompt menu changes:
- Specify the center of the polygon.
You are prompted: Specify by: Side/<Select vertex point>:
the prompt menu changes:
- Specify a vertex point of the polygon.
The polygon is created.
Note: When Fill Mode is turned off, all filled entities, such as wide polylines and planes, display and print as outlines.