Command : BREAK
The Break command remove a portion of an entity, thus breaking it into two parts.
You can break arcs, circles, ellipses, lines, polylines, rays and infinite lines. Breaking a circle converts it to an arc. A ray is broken into a ray and a line, an infinite line is broken into two rays.
When breaking entities, you must specify two points for the break. By default, the point you use to select the entity becomes the first break point; however, you can use the First option to select a break point different from the one that selects the entity.
To break an entity
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Break tool button () on the Modify toolbar.
- Choose Break in the Modify menu.
- Type break or BR in the command bar, then press Enter.
You are prompted: Select entity to break:
2. Click the entity you want to break.
You are prompted: First break point/<Second break point>:
A prompt menu displays:
3. Click a second point on the entity.
The entity is broken. The portion between the two break points is removed.