Reduces complex entities to simpler ones, such as blocks into constituent parts, and polylines into lines and arcs.
Accessing the Command
command bar: explode
menu bar: Modify | Explode
ribbon: Change | Arrange | Explode
toolbar: Modify |
Prompts you in the command bar:
Select entities to explode: (Choose one or more entities)
Entities in set: 1
Select entities to explode: (Choose more entities, or press else Enter to exit command)
The result depends on the entity(ies) you selected:
- Polylines become lines and arcs; width is lost.
- Dimensions becomes lines, text, and solids (arrowheads).
- Blocks become individual entities and nested blocks. (You may need to use Explode a second time.)
- ByBlock colors and linetypes may change.
- Attributes revert to attribute definitions.
- Nonuniformly-scaled blocks are not exploded, unless the EXPLMODE system variable is turned on.
- 3D surface entities become 3D faces.
- Simple entities, such as line and circles, cannot be exploded.
Select entities to explode
Choose one or more entities. Entities on frozen and locked layers are not exploded.
Join - joins lines, LW polylines, 2D polylines, 3D polylines, circular arcs, elliptical arcs, splines and helixes at their common endpoints.
Xplode - explodes complex entities, with control over the results.
TxtExp - explodes text into polylines.
U - undoes the effect of the explosion.