Automatically recognizes flanges, bends, lofted bends, ribs, form features and holes for selected 3D solids.
Access the Command
command bar: smconvert
menu bar: Sheet Metal | Convert to Sheet Metal
toolbar: Sheet Metal | Convert to Sheet Metal
ribbon: Sheet Metal | Create | Convert to Sheet Metal
Quad cursor menu: Sheet Metal | Convert to Sheet Metal
Prompts you in the command bar:
Select 3D solids or [Entire model] <Entire model>: (Select a 3D solid or press Enter to include the entire model.)
Entities in set: 1
Select 3D solids or [Entire model] <Entire model>: (Select more 3D solids or right click.)
All the solids in the model are analyzed and if possible, converted to Sheet Metal bodies. The command recognizes sheet metal features (such as flanges and bends) in the input geometry. The body thickness of the sheet metal drawing is the criterium in case multiple solids are selected. Therefore selected bodies must have the same thickness, otherwise an error message displays in the command window: "Could not convert the 3D solid to sheet metal. Recognized thickness is not equal the thickness of document: 5.000000 != 7.000000."
- Prefer form features: Controls how ambiguous geometry is recognized (a single form feature or a set of flanges and bends).
- Prefer hem features: If enabled, hems will be recognized as features.
- Recognize holes: If enabled, holes will be recognized as features.
- Recognize rib control curves: Controls how the control curve of a rib feature is recognized.
- Deviation value of wrong feature thickness: Determines the deviation between model thickness and thickness of a given incorrect feature.
- Type of deviation of wrong feature thickness: Deviation can be treated as an absolute value or a ratio to model thickness.
SmAssemblyExport - analyzes the assembly structure of the current drawing, executes the SmConvert and SmExport2d commands, and saves the resulting .dxf files with unfold information in an output folder.
SmDelete - restores a hard edge between two flanges to remove a bend or a junction; removes a flange and all the bends adjacent to it. The adjacent flanges are extended up to a junction configuration and the flange is deleted.
SmDissolve - removes sheet metal data from the selected faces.
SmFlangeBase - creates a base (initial) flange, of a sheet metal part, from a closed planar profile.
SmForm - converts a selected set of faces to a form feature.
SmParametrize - creates a consistent set of 3D constraints for a selected sheet metal part.
SmRepair - restores the 3D solid model of a sheet metal part by thickening one of its sides (all thickness faces become perpendicular to flange faces).