The following panels can be docked: Attachments, Command Bar, BIM Compositions, Components, Content Browser, Layers Panel, Mechanical Browser, Parameters, Properties Bar, Render Materials, Report, Ribbon, Sheet Sets, Structure, Tips, Tool Palettes,
Use the -TOOLPANEL command to show, hide or toggle the display of the various tool panels at the command line.
- Panels | Stack (LDOCK) define the panels stacked a the left side of the screen.
- Panels | Stack (RDOCK) define the panels stacked a the right side of the screen.
The possible stack types are:
- Fixed resizable panel set
- Collapsible panel set
- Flyout panel set
Fixed resizable panelset
Panels are docked next to each other or in a tabbed panel.
- Click a tab to display the panel.
- Press and hold the left mouse button to drag a tab to re-arrange the tab order.
- Drag an tab into the graphic screen to make it floating.
Collapsible panelset and Flyout panelset
Panels are docked at a default location in an icon tab strip at the left or right side of the screen.
Flyout panels overlap the drawing area, thus hiding part of the drawing.
Collapsible panels narrow the drawing area when expanded.
- Click an icon to expand a panel. Only one panel in the same icon strip can be expanded.
- To collapse an expanded icon click its icon again.
- Press and hold the left mouse button to drag an icon to re-arrange the icon order.
- Drag the icon into the graphic screen or double click the icon to make the panel floating.
To open or close a panel
Move the cursor over a toolbar or ribbon panel, then right click.
A context menu displays.
Panels that are currently open are checked.
Click a panel in the menu to toggle its display.
Icon Panel Components BIM Compositions Context Browser Layers Mechanical Browser BIM Profiles Project Browser Properties Render Materials Sheet Sets Structure Tips Tool Palettes
To dock a floating panel
Although panels can be docked at either side of the graphical screen, they are best placed at the left or right side.
Do one of the following:
- Drag the panel by its title bar. A rectangle indicates the boundary of the panel. Release the left mouse button when the boundary rectangle is over an edge of the graphical screen.
- Double click the title bar to dock the panel at its previous location.
The LOCKUI system variable controls whether the current position docked and/or floating panels is locked or not.
Press and hold the Ctrl-key to override. Click the LOCKUI field in the Status Bar to toggle the locking of the user interface.
To move a panel to the other icon tab strip
Drag the icon to the other icon strip.
The docking location selector displays. The blue zone indicates the selected docking position.
Move the cursor over the center docking location then release the left mouse button.