Welcome to Learning BricsCAD. A fundamentals level course for the practical use and application of BricsCAD in a design environment. This course is intended for the learner who is new to computer-aided design (CAD). No experience with BricsCAD or any other CAD product is necessary.
After completing this course you will be able to:
1/ Identify key elements of the User Interface.
2/ Work with drawing files.
- Describe the methods available to open drawing files in BricsCAD.
- Explain how to create a new drawing file using a template file.
- Save a drawing file with a new name.
- Add shortcuts to the Places list.
- Explain how to use tabs to work with multiple files.
- Describe the importance of and how to set up autosave and backup settings.
3/ Use different tools to view your drawings.
- Identify what zooming tools are used for.
- Illustrate the various ways for accessing the Zoom tools including the Navigation bar, the right-click menu, and the command line.
- Describe how to use Real-Time Zoom and other Zoom options such as Window, Extents, and Previous.
- Change the view without changing the magnification of the view using the Pan command.
- View the contents of the drawing window from any direction using the LookFrom control.
This is only a preview
Get access to the full course materials and step by step exercises at lessons.bricsys.com
The course lesson consists of a video that walks you through the exercise and shows how every step is done in BricsCAD. Underneath you can read the step-by-step instructions for the exercise with matching screenshots. Download the .dwg file and open it in BricsCAD to perform the exercise.
After completing the exercise, an overview on the subject will be given with more guiding information.