Welcome to Learning BricsCAD. A fundamentals level course for the practical use and application of BricsCAD in a design environment. This course is intended for the learner who is new to computer-aided design (CAD). No experience with BricsCAD or any other CAD product is necessary.
After completing this course you will be able to:
1/ Draw basic objects.
- Draw a line by defining the start and endpoint.
- Add a rectangle.
- Create a circle.
- Draw an arc by selecting three consecutive points.
- Create a polygon.
2/ Work with Entity Snaps and Tracking.
- Improve the accuracy of your drawings by using entity snaps to create and edit geometry.
- Incorporate theoretical construction geometry when you create and edit geometry.
3/ Draw using precise values.
- Understand the Cartesian Coordinate System upon which the BricsCAD drawing window is based.
- Recognize the advantage of using Direct Distance Entry while creating and modifying objects.
- Understand how drawing units determine the way measurement values are returned.
- Assign specific drawing unit values to a drawing.
This is only a preview
Get access to the full course materials and step by step exercises at lessons.bricsys.com
The course lesson consists of a video that walks you through the exercise and shows how every step is done in BricsCAD. Underneath you can read the step-by-step instructions for the exercise with matching screenshots. Download the .dwg file and open it in BricsCAD to perform the exercise.
After completing the exercise, an overview on the subject will be given with more guiding information.