Welcome to Learning BricsCAD. A fundamentals level course for the practical use and application of BricsCAD in a design environment. This course is intended for the learner who is new to computer-aided design (CAD). No experience with BricsCAD or any other CAD product is necessary.
After completing this course you will be able to:
1/ Use different selection modes and erase objects.
- Manually select objects in a drawing.
- Select objects using an Implied Window or an Implied Crossing.
- Use the Polygon selection mode to select objects.
- Use the Circle selection mode to select objects.
- Use the Point selection mode to select objects.
- Use the Fence selection mode to select objects.
- Use other selection modes to select objects.
- Use the Erase command to remove objects from a drawing.
2/ Move and Copy objects.
- Use the Move command to reposition objects in your drawings.
- Duplicate objects in your drawings using the Copy command.
3/ Offset objects.
- Create geometry at a specific distance from the selected geometry using the Offset command.
4/ Trim and Extend geometry.
- Understand how to change the length of geometry based on other geometry in the drawing with the Trim command.
- Utilize the Extend command to change the length of geometry in relation to other geometry.
5/ Apply fillets and chamfers to geometry.
- Use the Fillet command to create round and sharp corners where geometry intersects.
- Create angled corners with the Chamfer command.
This is only a preview
Get access to the full course materials and step by step exercises at lessons.bricsys.com
The course lesson consists of a video that walks you through the exercise and shows how every step is done in BricsCAD. Underneath you can read the step-by-step instructions for the exercise with matching screenshots. Download the .dwg file and open it in BricsCAD to perform the exercise.
After completing the exercise, an overview on the subject will be given with more guiding information.