Welcome to Learning BricsCAD. A fundamentals level course for the practical use and application of BricsCAD in a design environment. This course is intended for the learner who is new to computer-aided design (CAD). No experience with BricsCAD or any other CAD product is necessary.
After completing this course you will be able to:
1/ Use Grips
- Utilize Grips on geometry to initiate editing commands.
- Change the behavior and appearance of grips using the Options dialogue box.
2/ Stretch Objects
- Use the Stretch command to change the shape of entities in the drawing.
3/ Break and Join Objects
- Use the Break command to separate one piece of geometry into two.
- Create a gapless break in geometry using the Same as First Point option.
- Take two pieces of geometry and combine them into one.
4/ Mirror Objects
- Create duplicate geometry based on a defined centerline.
5/ Rotate Objects
- Rotate geometry in relation to a specified base point.
6/ Scale Objects
- Change the size of an object in the drawing.
7/ Pattern Geometry
- Make copies of selected geometry in a specific pattern using one of three layouts.
- Create an array pattern based on rows, columns, and spacing.
- Use the Polar Array to arrange geometry in a circular pattern around a center point.
- Update the layout of a specified pattern using grips, the Array tab, and the Properties window.
This is only a preview
Get access to the full course materials and step by step exercises at lessons.bricsys.com
The course lesson consists of a video that walks you through the exercise and shows how every step is done in BricsCAD. Underneath you can read the step-by-step instructions for the exercise with matching screenshots. Download the .dwg file and open it in BricsCAD to perform the exercise.
After completing the exercise, an overview on the subject will be given with more guiding information.