Overview: In this lesson, you learn how to create spatial locations and assign them to building elements.
After completing this lesson, you will be able to:
- Create spatial locations from the Building & Story manager.
- Edit the site properties of your BIM model.
- Set up a building and story information about your building elements.
Tutorial: How to add Building & Storey information
Click here to watch
About: Spatial Locations
The spatial locations allow you to specify a building and its stories in a project. In BricsCAD, a BIM model file can contain one site and multiple buildings and a building can contain multiple stories. When the entities are classified as a building element in the project, these classified entities will have a Building and a Story property. Every building element in the BIM model resides in a particular story within a particular building.
Menubar: BIM > Spatial Locations
Toolbar: BIM > Spatial Locations
Quad: BIM > Spatial Locations
Procedure: Assigning a building and story to a building element
- Open the Building & Story manager using either the command line or Quad.
The dialog box displays (1). Do the following to define the building and story:
- Click the new building icon (2) to add a new building to the model.
Fill out the properties grid (3) to specify a new name or value of the existing property.
- Click the new story icon (4) to add a new story in the selected building.
Fill out the properties grid to specify a new name or value of the existing property.
The spatial locations are created.
- Optionally, click the delete icon (5) to remove the selected building or story.
- Select building element(s) in the drawing area to associate them with the appropriate spatial locations.
The properties of the selected building elements display in the Properties Bar. Do the following to assign the building and story to these building elements:
- Expand the BIM section (6) in the properties panel
- Click the Building field (7), then use the arrow (8) to select a building
- Click the Story field (9), then use the arrow to select a story.
The building elements are associated with the selected building and story.
Viewing the building elements in the Structure browser
The Structure browser allows to view all of the entities in a drawing. By default, the structure of the building elements is organized in a particular form. Building elements are grouped by Building, Story, BIM type, and by composition respectively. This organization can be fully configured.