Welcome to Learning BricsCAD BIM. A fundamentals level course for the practical use and application of BricsCAD BIM in a design environment. This course is intended for the learner who is new to building information modeling (BIM). No experience with BricsCAD BIM or any other BIM product is necessary.
**Lesson available in English only**
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1/ Identify key elements of the user interface.
- Open an existing file in BricsCAD BIM.
- Make a new file in BricsCAD BIM using the start-up wizard.
- Make a new file in BricsCAD BIM using a default template drawing.
- Make a new file in BricsCAD BIM using a template drawing of your choice.
- Identify the important elements of the BricsCAD BIM user interface.
- Use the different methods in the BricsCAD BIM user interface to access different tools.
- Hide and isolate entities.
- Reveal all hidden entities.
- Cut through a BIM model horizontally to show the details on a floor plan.
- Toggle the Clip Display property of a BIM section entity.
- Control the visibility of your BIM section cuts.
- Navigate in 3D.
- Make use of a series of shortcuts to help you model faster in BricsCAD BIM.
- Use the Quad (to draw a simple box).
- Right-click to redo the last active command.
2/ Select entities.
- Select whole entities.
- Select the desired sub-entities.
- Select multiple entities at once.
- Select multiple sub-entities at once.
This is only a preview.
Get access to the full course materials and step by step exercises at lessons.bricsys.com.
The course lesson consists of a video that walks you through the exercise and shows how every step is done in BricsCAD BIM. Underneath you can read the step-by-step instructions for the exercise with matching screenshots. Download the .dwg file and open it in BricsCAD to perform the exercise.