Overview: In this lesson, you will learn how to connect your BIM project with the cloud by using the Bricsys 24/7 Panel.
After completing this lesson, you will be able to:
- Use the Bricsys 24/7 Panel inside BricsCAD BIM.
- Launch a Bricsys 24/7 project in a browser.
- Upload the current BIM model to Bricsys 24/7.
- Download and open a BIM model from Bricsys 24/7.
About Bricsys 24/7
Bricsys 24/7 helps team members to find and share their drawings. BricsCAD 24/7 makes project management, a collaboration between project teams, cloud computing security, and task automation possible. A big advantage of this cloud-based service is that BricsCAD is directly linked to it by the Bricsys 24/7 Panel.
Use the Bricsys 24/7 Panel in BricsCAD BIM
- Open the Bricsys 24/7 Panel by clicking on the Bricsys 24/7 icon in the Tool Panel on the right-hand side of the workspace.
Note: If you do not find this icon in the Tool Panel, right-click in it and check Bricsys 24/7 in the dropdown menu.
If you are logged out of your 24/7 account a screen will display:
- Enter your Email address and Password and press the 'Log in' button.
- Once logged on you will see an overview of your 'in the cloud' Projects, Folders, and Documents.
(1) project The first thing you see on the 24/7 Panel when logged on, are all the projects you are assigned to. (2) At the top of the panel you see your project. You can go back to the overview of projects by clicking on it. (3) folder When you open a project, a list of folders is shown. (4) At the top of the panel you see the folder you're in. You can go back to the overview of by clicking it. (5) documents
In a folder you find documents. On the right-hand icons are displayed:
The profile picture or the initials from the author of the document.
The document is in the cloud.
Someone is currently working on the document.
The document is currently uploading.
The document is locked by someone, another person cannot change it.
You can download a BIM model from your Bricsys 24/7 project to a local folder.
- Right-click on a document to get a menu with possible document actions:
(6) Lock the document so no changes can be made. (7) Upload your drawing as a revision of the original drawing. (8) Download the latest revision.