Welcome to Learning BricsCAD. A fundamentals level course for the practical use and application of BricsCAD in a design environment. This course is intended for the learner who is new to computer-aided design (CAD). No experience with BricsCAD or any other CAD product is necessary.
After completing this course you will be able to:
1/ Create and use Layers.
- Utilize separate virtual sheets to organize a drawing.
- Use the Drawing Explorer to create, delete, or change layers in a drawing.
- Change the appearance of objects in a drawing.
- Add layers into a drawing using the Drawing Explorer.
- Utilize the Layer List to change the current layer and alter certain layer properties.
- Understand how a layer can be changed.
- Delete a specific layer.
2/ Modify object properties.
- Understand how general properties affect an object.
- Make changes to an object using the Properties palette.
- Select an object and dynamically change it using Quad.
- Use a source object to apply congruent properties to another object.
3/ Obtain information about objects.
- Show specific information in a drawing using an Inquiry Command.
- Identify specifics about an objectusing a List command.
- Measure objects in a drawing for distance, angle, radius, and area.
- Use a Boundary Area to accurately measure an area of a curved or irregular object.
- Determine the location of an object on the coordinate plane.
This is only a preview
Get access to the full course materials and step by step exercises at lessons.bricsys.com
The course lesson consists of a video that walks you through the exercise and shows how every step is done in BricsCAD. Underneath you can read the step-by-step instructions for the exercise with matching screenshots. Download the .dwg file and open it in BricsCAD to perform the exercise.
After completing the exercise, an overview on the subject will be given with more guiding information.