Welcome to Learning BricsCAD. A fundamentals level course for the practical use and application of BricsCAD in a design environment. This course is intended for the learner who is new to computer-aided design (CAD). No experience with BricsCAD or any other CAD product is necessary.
After completing this course you will be able to:
1/ Work with Layouts and Viewports.
- Organize a drawing for printing and electronic output.
- Navigate between different layouts in a drawing.
- Make a frame around specific areas of a drawing for viewing purposes.
- Add more than one viewport to a drawing.
- Define what in the drawing is shown in a viewport.
- Set up a scale for the size indicated in a viewport.
- Resize a viewport to fit information in a drawing.
2/ Create and manage Page Setups.
- Utilize a page setup to determine the appearance and format of a final output.
- Use the Page Setup Manager to create, modify, and import page setups for a drawing.
3/ Share your designs.
- Share a design with others physically or electronically.
- Print a design using a plotter or printer.
- Specify in the Plot dialogue box where and how the design should be printed.
4/ Use Annotation Scaling.
- Define what drawing annotation is.
- Use and determine an annotative scale on an object.
- Understand when to use different annotative styles.
- Set an annotative scale in a drawing or a viewport.
- Edit a preexisting annotative scale on an object.
- Create individual scale representations for an object.
- Determine how a line will be affected by an annotative scale.
This is only a preview
Get access to the full course materials and step by step exercises at lessons.bricsys.com
The course lesson consists of a video that walks you through the exercise and shows how every step is done in BricsCAD. Underneath you can read the step-by-step instructions for the exercise with matching screenshots. Download the .dwg file and open it in BricsCAD to perform the exercise.
After completing the exercise, an overview on the subject will be given with more guiding information.