The BricsCAD license activation always requires an Internet connection.
However, if your computer is not connected to the Internet, the license can be activated manually via another computer (which is connected to the Internet).
To activate a Single or Volume license manually
Do one of the following:
The first time BricsCAD is started - Go to next step.
When starting BricsCAD in trial mode - In the Free Trial dialog, click the Enter License... button.
When replacing or upgrading an existing license - In the Help menu, choose BricsCAD License... . The Licensing Information dialog box opens. Click the Modify...button.
2. The Activate BricsCAD dialog box opens. Click the Activate Manually...link.
The Manual Activation dialog box opens.
3. Copy the full content of the Computer Hostid field.
4. With the Internet connected computer, log in to the Bricsys website.
Make sure you log in with the Bricsys account containing your licenses.
5. Once you are logged in, click on your name in the menu above right.
A page opens, with informations linked to your account.
6. In the left menu choose Licenses and support contracts.
7. Click the Manage... button of the license you want to activate.
8. In the Host ID field, paste the computer host ID of the computer you want to install BricsCAD on.
9. Click the Activate button.
A license file is generated and made available for download.
10. Click the Download License File button.
The license file BricsCADVxx.lic is downloaded to your default download folder.
11. Copy the license file to the computer you want to install BricsCAD on.
12. In the Manual Activation dialog box, click the browse button ().
Open the folder where you copied the BricsCADVxx.lic license file to and select the file.
13. Click the OK button. BricsCAD is launched.
Manually activated licenses cannot be deactivated.