The BricsCAD license activation always requires an Internet connection.
However, if your computer is not connected to the Internet, the license can be activated manually via another computer (which is connected to the Internet).
To activate a Single or Volume license manually
- Do one of the following:
- The first time BricsCAD is started - go to next step.
- When starting BricsCAD in trial mode - in the Free Trial dialog, click the Enter License... button.
- When replacing or upgrading an existing license - in the Help menu, choose BricsCAD License... . The Licensing Information dialog box opens. Click the Modify... button.
- The Activate BricsCAD dialog box opens. Click the Activate Manually... link.
The Manual Activation dialog box opens.
- Copy the full content of the Computer Hostid field.
- With the Internet connected computer, log in to the Bricsys website.
Make sure you log in with the Bricsys account containing your licenses.
- Click the My Account icon (), then choose Manage Licenses in the menu.
- Hover over the license key you want to activate, then click the pencil icon ().
The License Details display.
- In the Host ID field, paste the host ID of the computer you want to install BricsCAD on.
- Click the Activate button.
A license file is generated and made available for download.
- Click the Download License File button.
The license file BricsCADVxx.lic is downloaded to your default download folder.
- Copy the license file to the computer you want to install BricsCAD on.
- In the Manual Activation dialog box, click the browse button ().
Open the folder where you copied the BricsCADVxx.lic license file to and select the file.
Click the OK button. BricsCAD is launched.
Note: Manually activated licenses cannot be deactivated.