The Nearest Distance feature allows to dynamically view and modify the distance between two selected entities or subentities. In addition the aligned nearest distances along the X-, Y- and Z-axes of the WCS display.
Double clicking a Nearest Distance field:
- toggles the display of the X-, Y- and Z-axis aligned distance fields.
- zooms out to fully display the selected entities if necessary.
The NEARESTDISTANCE system variable controls the display of the Nearest Distance feature.
Using Nearest Distance
Do the following:
- Select the first entity or subentity*.
- Select the second entity or subentity*.
The nearest distance displays.
The arrowhead points to the second entity.
- (option) Double click a distance field to zoom out in order to fully display the selected (sub)entities.
- (option) Click a distance field and type a value.
The second entity is moved.
* Press and hold the Ctrl-key to select a subentity.
The Nearest Distance feature can be used to:
- Measure the distance between two entities or subentities.
- Adjust the distance between a (sub)entity and a block.
- Modify the dimensions of a rectangle.
- Adjust the distance between 3D solids.
- Edit the width of a 3D solid.
- Measure and edit the height of 3D solid.