Links data from an Excel spreadsheet directly into drawing tables for bi-directional updating.
Accessing the Command
Ribbon Tab | Panel:
Displays a dialog box:
Creates a new link.
Displays a dialog box:
Do the following:
Click the Browse button (), then select a data file.
*.xls, *.xlsx and *.csv files are accepted.
If selected, a Preview of the data file displays.
Type a name in the DataLink Name field.
Choose a Path type option.
The options are:
- Full Path: BricsCAD searches for the data file in the specified folder only.
- Relative Path: The data file is searched for in a subfolder of the drawing file folder.
- No Path: The data file is searched for in the drawing file folder only.
Define the link options.
Select a sheet or accept the default (= active sheet).
- Link to the entire sheet: all cells that contain data are linked.
- Linked to named range: links to a named range of cells.
Click the button to select a named range.
- Link to range: specify a range of cells.
Click the Preview button to display the selected range.
Choose a cell contents option.
- Keep data formats and formulas: Imports data with formulas and supported data formats.
- Keep data formats, solve formulas in Excel: Imports data formats. Data is calculated from formulas in Excel.
- Convert to text, solve formulas in Excel: Imports data as text with data calculated from formulas in Excel.
- Allow writing to Excel: If checked, the DATALINKUPDATE command uploads changes to linked data in your drawing to the original external spreadsheet.
Specify whether Excel cell formatting is used.
- Keep table updated to Excel formatting: Updates any changed formatting when the DATALINKUPDATE command is executed.
- Start with Excel formatting. Do not update: Imports the formatting specified in the original data file. The DATALINKUPDATE command does not affect any changes made to the cell formatting.
| Edit Link
Select a data link, then right click and choose Edit in the context menu.
A dialog box displays:
The following properties are editable:
- DataLink Name
- Cell Contents
- Cell Formatting
| Delete Link
||Select a data link, then right click and choose Delete in the context menu.
The link is deleted without warning.
DataLinkUpdate - Synchronizes the linked data in tables in the current drawing with data in the linked source file.
Table - Creates a table entity in the drawing through a dialog box.