With the system variable SHORTCUTMENU, you can control whether the Default, Edit and Command menus are used or not. The value is stored as a bitcode using the sum of the values of the selected options.
- 0: Disable all 3 shortcut menus. Right-click is always Enter.
- 1: Enable the Default menu. This is displayed on right-click when nothing is selected and no command is active.
- 2: Enable the Edit menu. This is displayed on right-click when an entity is selected.
- 4: Enable the Command menu. This is displayed on right-click when a command is active.
- 8: Enable command mode shortcut menus only when command options are currently available form the command line.
- 16: Enable the display of a shortcut menu when the right mouse button is held down longer than the value of the SHORTCUTMENUDURATION system variable.
Shift + right-click always displays the Entity Snap menu.
How can I customize BricsCAD's right-click behaviour?
The contents of these menus can be customized (Tools > Customize... , Menus tab) in the tree on the left in the branch BRICSCAD > Context menus. Note that for the Edit context menu, depending on which entity is selected, the items of the according OBJECT_ or OBJECTS_ shortcut menu are inserted.