Local and roamable root folders (with their subfolders) are created by BricsCAD at startup. Also, all necessary files are copied from the user data cache.
If the message "A backup of default.cui was created..." keeps being displayed at startup, then missing local and roamable root folders is the most probable reason.
- The message "A backup of default.cui was created..." is displayed at the command prompt;
- All GUI settings (toolbars, menu etc.) are reverted to defaults.
The default.cui is reverted (= replaced with default.cui from the user data cache) and the message displays in the following cases:
- local root folder is missing;
- either roamable root folder itself or "Support" subfolder in the roamable root folder is missing or there are no files in the "Support" subfolder;
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bricsys\BricsCAD\Vxx\en_US\Settings\VersionCustomizableFiles is is lower than the version number hardcoded inside BricsCAD
- "Created time" of default.cui from the installation is newer than the "created time" of default.cui in the roaming root folder.