The full checklist:
- Set DEMANDLOAD to 0. This disables the automatic loading of modules when a certain entity type is present in a drawing or whenever a certain command is executed.
- Start VBAMAN : no applications should be loaded
- Start VBARUN : only default.dvb should be present and no macros should be listed.
In a clean installation the following files are empty (at the time of writing) but thirdparties may extend them. If they have been extended they should be renamed or edited in order to disable the related applications.
- additional MNL files
The Lisp function (ARX) allows to verify which binary modules have been loaded. Only applications included in BricsCAD should be present.
Sometimes you want to run BricsCAD in an equivalent of Safe Mode, without any thirdparty applications loaded. Thirdparty applications can be loaded through a variety of mechanisms. Here we give the complete list of mechanisms that can load thirdparty applications and that need to be checked in case of doubt.
Starting with V20, the program can be launched in safe mode, using the SAFEMODE system variable. This temporarily suppresses all third party plugin code, enablers, and user lisp files from loading in the current session. Starting in a clean environment can help to eliminate potential causes of a crash.
To enable safe mode:
- Make a copy of the BricsCAD shortcut.
- Right click on the copied shortcut and select 'Properties'.
- Add /SAFEMODE at the end of the 'Target' field.
- Click 'Ok'.
- Launch BricsCAD using this shortcut.