Installing the Bricsys Network License Manager
- Download Bricsys Network License Manager (Windows)
- Double-click the installation MSI file to start the installation.
- Accept the terms of the End User License Agreement.
- Accept the Destination folder or click Change... to change the destination folder.
- Click the Install button.
- Select the check boxes next to the Additional Tasks that should be performed after the installation.
Activate a Network license
After the installation, the Bricsys Network License Manager opens and asks you to activate a network license. You can open the Bricsys Network License Manager later by clicking the License activation shortcut in the Start menu.
Setup as Windows service
Each time you start Windows, the license server is automatically started as a service. You can do this later with the following command in the elevated command prompt:
Open Reprise License Server Administration (Web interface)
After the installation, the Reprise License Server Administration web interface opens.
It allows you to manage the network license. You can open the Reprise License Server Administration later by clicking the License Server Administration shortcut in the Start menu.
- Activate a Network license
- Click Next.
New installation of the Bricsys Network License Manager
In the Additional Tasks dialog, make sure to select all the check boxes (see image above).
Upgrading the Bricsys Network License Manager
- Download and install the Bricsys Network License Manager on the computer used as network license server.
- Make sure to deselect all the check boxes next to the Additional Tasks.
- The installation restarts the license server.
Installation from the command line
You can also start the Network License Manager from a command window.
By default, the options Activate a Network license, Setup as Windows service and Open Reprise License Server Administration (Web interface) are disabled when installing via the command line. To enable these options, use the respective parameters ACTIVATELICENSE, INSTALLSERVICE and OPENWEBINTERFACE.
For example, msiexec /qb /i Bricsys-NetworkLicenseManager.msi ACTIVATELICENSE=1 INSTALLSERVICE=1 will show the activation dialog and install as a service without showing the web interface.
Starting the Network license server
The Network license server is automatically started/restarted after the installation. To check if the server has started, open Windows Services and check of the service RLM is running. If needed, you can manually start/stop/restart the service.
You can configure the server via the Network License Server Administration.
Once the Network license is activated and the server is started, the server is ready to serve licenses. It is now possible to use the Network license in BricsCAD on a client computer.