Note: This feature is only available for BricsCAD on Windows.
Twinmotion offers real-time, immersive 3D architectural visualization using the power of Unreal Engine from Epic Games. All your BricsCAD model data are exported using the Unreal Engine file type (*.udatasmith) in the EXPORT command.
To use Twinmotion with BricsCAD V21 you need to:
- Install the Epics Games Launcher.
- Download and install Twinmotion.
- Export your model to a *.udatasmith file.
Tutorial: Twinmotion webinar
From the Twinmotion Help pages:
- Go to https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/twinmotion.
- Click on Get Started Now.
- If you do not have an Epic Games account yet, Click Sign Up, then fill in all required information and hit Create Account.
- Click LOG IN NOW.
- Once you are logged in, click on Download the Epic Games Launcher.
- Once the Epic Games Launcher is downloaded, make sure to click on the Unreal Engine tab on the left side .
You will now see the Twinmotion tab in the top right.
- Click on Install to install Twinmotion.
- Carefully choose your file location , it is strongly recommended to use the default location.
Exporting your model
- Open your model in BricsCAD BIM.
- Launch the DatasmithExport command.
The Export drawing to dialog box displays.
The Save as type is Unreal Engine (*.udatasmith).
- Type a name or accept the default name, then click the Save button.
The exported model can now be imported in Twinmotion.
Importing your model in Twinmotion
- Launch Twinmotion.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Import Files button.
- Press Ctrl + I
- Make sure Geometry is selected, then click the Open button.
- On the Import dialog, select a Unreal Engine (*.udatasmith) model file.
- Click Options, and set the Collapse option to Keep Hierarchy.
This structures the model the same way as the layers used in BricsCAD.
- Click the OK button to import the model.