In addition to the 2D Entity Snaps, a series of 3D entity snap modes apply to points on 3D entities such as solids, surfaces, splines and meshes.
The current 3D Entity Snap modes are saved through the 3DOSMODE system variable as the sum of the bitcodes of the selected snap modes.
|Center||Snaps to the center of 3D faces.|
|Intersection||Snaps to the intersections of linear entities, edges, and polar or entity snap tracking lines with faces.|
|Knot||Snaps to knots (fit points) on splines.|
|Midpoint||Snaps to the midpoint of a face edge.|
|Nearest||Snaps to a point on the face of a 3D entity that is nearest to the cursor.|
|None||Disables all 3D snap modes.|
|Perpendicular||Snaps to a point perpendicular to a face on a 3D entity.|
|Vertex||Snaps to the closest vertex of a 3D entity and the control vertices of splines.|
|Point Cloud||Snaps to point cloud points.|
To set the 3D Entity Snap modes
- Click the buttons on the 3D Entity Snaps toolbar.
The buttons of the currently active entity snap modes are pressed.
- When no command is running clicking a tool button toggles the snap mode on/off.
- When executing a command clicking a tool button sets the snap mode for the next point, temporarily disabling all other selected snap modes.
- Run the 3DSONAP or -3DOSNAP the commands.
- Shift + Right click, then hover over 3d Entity Snap and click the 3D entity snap option.