You can edit the Data Extraction Definition (.dxd) files created by the DataExtraction command using a text editor such as MS Notepad and use them in the Creating Schedules procedure in the Project Browser.
The Filter section
<OR (Type == Window)(Type == Door)>
The result of the filter in the above example is that only BIM entities classified as windows or doors are included in the data extraction. See the BimClassify command to learn more about BIM entity types.
|!=||not equal to|
|<=||less than or equal to|
|>=||greater than or equal to|
- Relational expressions are enclosed in '()' brackets
- Logical operators AND, OR are case-insensitive and enclosed in '<>' brackets.
- Logical expressions use prefix notation.
- No spaces are allowed between '<' and a logical operator ('<OR', '<AND')
- Tokens can be separated by zero or any number of spaces, except logical expression begin,
<AND ( Layer == "MyLayer" )(Thickness<=3) >
- Expressions can be split into any number of lines; tokens are not broken.
- Lines can be commented with ';' .
- String values are enclosed in double quotation marks ""
The filter expression is either a single relational one or several ones grouped by logical operations.
<OR <AND (0) <OR (1) (2)>> <AND (3) (4) (5)> (6)>
where (0),...,(6) are relational expressions such as (Radius >= 3).