Creates a centerline associated with two selected lines or polyline segments.
Accessing the Command
command bar: centerline
menu bar: Dimension | Center Marks and Lines | Centerline
toolbar: Dimensions | Center Marks and Lines | Centerline
- Home | Annotate | Centerline
- Annotate | Dimensions | Centerline
You are prompted in the command bar:
Select first line: (Select a line entity)
Select second line: (Select another line entity)
When applying a centerline to the intersection of two lines, the location of the picked points determine the direction of the centerline.
|Select first line||Select a line or polyline segment|
|Select second line||Select another line or polyline segment|
The lines and polyline segments can be selected inside blocks and in drawing view viewports. You can pick two segments of the same polyline. The centerline is associative, so when one or both lines are moved, the centerline repositions itself.
Centerlines can be edited through grips.
- 1: Overshoot grips: drag the grip to lengthen the centerline
- 2: Midpoint grip: drag the grip to move the centerline*.
When an extension is applied to one or both ends of the centerline by dragging an overshoot grip, four grips display.
- 3: Overshoot grips: drag the grip to lengthen the centerline
- 4: Midpoint of the original centerline; drag the grip to move the centerline*.
- 5: Midpoint of the extended centerline; drag the grip to move the centerline*.
*Use the CenterReset command to reset the centerline.
CenterDisassociate - breaks the association of centerline and a center mark entities.
CenterMark - creates a center mark entity associated with a selected circle or arc.
CenterReassociate - recreates the association between a centerline entity and two selected lines, or between a center mark and a selected circle or arc.
CenterReset - resets centerline and center mark entities.