Makes viewports from entities.
Makes viewports from closed 2D entities (short for "viewport clipping") and can be easily used to show less of a drawing.
Note: This command only operates in the paper space of a layout tab and only works with already existing viewports. use the MVIEW command to make additional viewports.
Options within the command
- Select viewport to clip
- Select a viewport border of the viewport to clip.
- Select clipping entity
- Converts a close entity such as a circle or closed polyline into a viewport boundary.
Note: The entity needs to be drawn in paper space.
- Draws a polygonal viewport border made of straight and arc segments. Press Enter when done.
- Draw Arcs
- Draws an arc segment in the polygonal viewport. See the ARC command to explore the options within this option.
- Closes the polygon. The model space drawing is shown.
- Specifies the distance and angle for the next polygonal segment.
- Draws the next segment at the same angle as the previous polygonal segment. The length of the segment needs to be specified.
- Undoes the last polygonal segment.
- Deletes the clipping boundary and returns the original rectangular viewport.
Note: This option appears only when a clipped viewport is selected.