Visual settings dialog box
The Visual settings dialog box allows you to tick and untick different features of axes and nodes to highlight (in yellow) the axes and nodes that match these features. You can also change the size of the disks representing the nodes.
- Axis highlighting
- Node highlighting
- Node size
Specifies when/how the axis is highlighted.
- Not centered
- Highlights any axis that is not in the center of the linear solid.
- The red dot represents the center of the profile:
- The axes of the beams are highlighted in yellow because the axes of the top beams are not in the center of the beam but on the top instead.
- Not in base position
- Highlights any axis that is not in one of the base positions of the linear solid.
- The red dots represent the base positions of the profile:
- Not within profile bounds
- Highlights any axis that is outside the profile boundaries.
- Not parallel to center axis
- Highlights any axis that is not parallel to the center axis.
Specifies when/how nodes are highlighted.
- Nearly coinciding with another node
- Highlights any node that is nearly coinciding with another node.
- Has rigid links
- Highlights any node that has rigid links. See the purple links in the image:
Specifies node size characteristics.
- Node radius
- The nodes in the analytical model are highlighted using a filled circle. Specify the size of nodes by entering the node radius.
- Node radius: 150mm
- Node radius: 350mm